Monday, July 5, 2021

Ogon Big Stockholm Wallet

Ogon is the first wallet  brand which makes me aware of RFID protection. It is consider a minimalist wallet and made in France.

Ogon's wallet design is pretty much the same. The wallet is made up of anodized aluminum case with PVC pockets inside. With the cards fully enclosed in the aluminum case, the cards are fully protected from RFID skimming.

There are a few designs to choose from Ogon and I started off with the Ogon Big Stockholm (RM 170.10). This is the bigger version of their standard size wallet. Ogon offers a wide selection of colours and I have a hard time to decide before settling for a purple.

As for size, it is measured at 118mm x 93.7mm x 18.6mm which is quite big for a minimalist wallet I am used to. However, the size did offer some advantages which I will explore later.

Here is the size comparison of the Ogon Big Stockholm with my other minimalist wallets from Grip6, Trayvax. Akeeni and Dango.

On the digital scales, it weighted around 94.5g. In the hand, it feels really light and solid.

It can be easily accessible with a hand. Inside there are 7 PVC pockets to hold cards and cash. The PVC material is sturdy and thick. The wallet also offers some watertight integrity due to its polycarbonate lining surrounding the opening of the wallet shell. 


Although the manufacturer stated that the wallet can hold 12 cards, I would recommend to carry around 10 cards as putting more will stretch the wallet and its fastener which is made of polycarbonate. 

With Ogon Big Stockholm, you only need to fold your cash once and inserted into one of the pocket. With other minimalist wallets, usually the cash would have to be folded more than once. In fact this wallet is capable to accommodate a few coins too in my testing.

Swiss Franc from the 8th series is one of the biggest note I have at the moment. The 200 note is able to just fit into this wallet by just folding it once.

I had my reservation of this wallet on whether it will able to fit comfortably into my pocket. It is able to just fit into my shirt front pocket and trousers front pocket. 

This wallet definitely have a few advantages on its side. It can carry cards, cash and coin without much issues. It doesn't have a lifetime warranty like my other metal minimalist wallet but it should last a number of years with normal and careful use.



No comments: