Sunday, August 19, 2012

Prime Minister's Hari Raya Open House 2012

Today is the first day of Hari Raya and since I'm stuck in Putrajaya this year, I decided to attend the PM's Hari Raya Open House.

This is my second visit here and I pretty much familiar with the layout of the PM's official residence for this type of function. One of the major changes this year are the setting of proper shelters, chairs and tables for visitors. In my last visit here in 2010, we practically had to stand or find some empty spot to sit and eat our food.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The food served here were almost the same as the previous year. The taste of the food are just average as they are prepared for the masses.

I was lucky enough to be there at 10am when it was just opened for visitors. The crowds were still manageable at the time. I estimated thousands throng the place after 12pm and it was hard to move around by that time.

It was also good to see our local comedians, Angeline Tan and Sathiya on stage to entertain the visitors.

 
Next on my list was to shake hand with the PM himself. The queue was very long but with much perseverance, I finally manage to shake the hand of the PM and some other ministers such as Koh Tsu Koon, Rais Yatim, Maximus Ongkili, Peter Chin and G. Palanivel.

 
This year goodies are also better than the previous year. We were given a kuih raya and a commemorative mug.

3 comments:

wenn said...

wow..that's great and awesome to be able to attend it..

foongpc said...

Nice to attend the PM's open house. It must quite crowded!

soulesscloudy said...

Wish to attend too..