Sunday, February 10, 2013

CNY 2013 @ Sibu


It's Chinese New Year again. How time flies as it just feels like yesterday that I celebrated the Dragon year.

 
 
 
 
One of the highlight in Sibu every year when the clock struck midnight is the fireworks display. There is no other place in Malaysia which could rival Sibu when it comes CNY atmosphere and fireworks.


This is a common sight in the morning where red prosperity papers are scatter all over the main entrance of most household here.

 
 
 
 
The town looks like an abandoned town in the morning, a stark contrast from any normal days, especially 2 weeks before the most important day in Chinese calendar.

 
This year is also a meaningful year for me personally as this is the first year we able to celebrate it with our son. 

3 comments:

ChrisAu said...

wow... quite happening over there with all the fireworks. I guess everywhere are quiet during CNY. Happy CNY!

Unknown said...

Happy Chinese New Year!
Wishing happiness and prosperity to you and your family! =D

From Seng Yee
www.imsengyee.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your Sibu fireworks shot is just cool! Love it.

Sibu is always lively whenever it comes to CNY. This year CNY 2013 seems more lively than usual.

I flew to Sibu using MASwings to meet up with old friends and it was great for me. I recommend you should try it.

http://www.maswings.com.my/