Thursday, November 20, 2008

Underwater World

Underwater World is one of Asia's best aquariums and a must see while at Sentosa. Individual admission fee is SGD22.90. However, my package I purchased earlier include admission for this place. The red and the blue line bus will bring visitor to this aquarium which is situated at Siloso.

At the starting point of the aquarium, there is a touchpool where visitor can get up close and personal with fishes, stingray and star fish. Just remember one can touch them but never lift them out of the water or the vigilant staffs there will warn you so. I was a bit scare to touch the stingrays in the first place but eventually able to brave myself to touch them.

Shark embryo development

Garden Eels

Dragon Moral Eels

Sea horses and fishes


Sponges

Mangrove and Coastal Horseshoe crab

A huge fish (Arapaima)

Sea Angel

Crabs

Coconut Crab (first time I heard such name)

Japanese Giant Spider Crab

Spanner Crab

One of the highlights at this attraction is the transparent acrylic tunnel with a moving walkway that leads under a huge tanks. There are all sort of tropical sea creatures - from bright, luminous reef dwellers to sinister stingrays and sharks.




Sea Dragon


Also worth seeing is this Dugong which is rescued from the seas off Pulau Ubin in 1998 and rehabilitated at the Underwater World. The gentle sea creature with its curiously shaped body and tail is long thought to have inspired sailors' tales of the mermaid, is named Gracie

Jelly Fish

Outside the Undewater World is a huge pond where turtles and kois co-exist

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

been there.... it's nice but expensive!

Anonymous said...

Darn, now you made me even more interested in going to some underwater world. We have some type of aquarium in Stockholm, but I'm not sure if they have become this big yet. Haven't been there in many years. Maybe I have to pay them a visit again....

Many wonderful creatures you show us here, there are some faves of mine, the garden eels are one and the coconut crab, giant spider crab and of course, like always, the seahorses.

Anonymous said...

I hope i can visit there too.
It is so awesome!

Advertiser said...

I hve never been to the Underwater world in Sentosa cos of the admission fee. =P But usually I would love to visit such attraction when I was in overseas haha

From your pics, I can see that this Underwater world is an interesting one, with many exotic sea creatures. Nice! I didn't know spider crab is really soooo big!! I read of coconut crab before n I thought it's very big too right? I like jelly fish! I saw on TV recently that there is a very big jelly fish aquarium in Japan for visitors to watch to relieve stress and sleep around the aquarium!

Kikey Loo said...

never been there.
so nice though...
i wanna go there if i hav chance..

pusangkalye said...

Oh ,that Japanese Giant Spider Crab really scared me when I saw it there. Really huge. I can't believe it until I saw it myself....

Anonymous said...

hi..regards.. i like everything about the sea, i like and i enjoy your nice picture.Can we exchange link,thanks and have a great day

Chubskulit Rose said...

I love those sponges..

Anonymous said...

The sea dragon is the most attractive one..

Anonymous said...

the horse shoe crab is pretty..

Anonymous said...

wow... nice. have u been to KL aquaria? can beat the one in SG :D

Johnny Ong said...

wat giant spider crab was that ???????????

RiP666 said...

wow...
it's realy great...
i hope someday i will....T-T