Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ridsect Goodnight Protect

I came across an interesting looking mosquito repellent at a supermarket and decide to give it a try. It cost RM5.90

The operating instruction is at the back of the package. This product will be effective for 300 hours.

Firstly, open the unit when it is necessary. Close the unit when not in use to prolong its usage

This is how the unit look likes when fully opened. Quite a piece of art. I had my doubt in the first place as whether it will be effective to keep the mosquito at bay at night but this product prove me wrong as I was never once disturbed by those pesky insect while using this product.

The paper (yellow colour) had been absorbed with an active ingredient called "Metofluthrin" which will evaporate as soon as the unit opened up. For the record, it is odourless.

There is an indicator at the edge of the unit. The product is exhausted and lose its effectiveness when the word "Ganti" appear on the indicator.

This product definitely receive my approval. Compare to the mosquito coils, this product is compact, easy to use, clean and odourless. This innovative product also suitable and easy to carry around while traveling.

10 comments:

confessions of a medical student said...

how interesting.. first time i see sth like this...

i use ridsect insect repellant too! the electric type with a plug and liquid insecticide.. can last 60days... i find it very effective :)

escape said...

never seen one in the philippines yet. cool design.

TZ said...

wow! interesting ... Let me get it from the Supermarket and try it out in Kampala... Will have one blog entry to review the result eh! :-)

Dude, thanks for introduce me to this product eh!

TNH said...

i seldom use insect repellant unless i really need it...this is because i can't stand the smell..

Nanaybelen said...

I am not using any insect repellent but mosquito coils is available in my store. hehehe

Chubskulit Rose said...

Thanks a lot for this, I definitely need this one during summer because there's a swarm of mosquitos here in our place that attacks us during night time.. Thanks God, they vanish now that winter time is kicking on..

Anonymous said...

Is it available worldwide? I never seen it before, I hope we could find one after winter season!

Anonymous said...

Is it safe if you inhale it? I mean, don't it have side effect?

Borneo Falcon said...

I not sure whether this product is worldwide or not. It is made in Malaysia though.

I inhale it before although not recommended. Odourless. So far no side effect on my side

Anonymous said...

That definitely seems to be a good product to bring with me when I travel. I wonder if there is already a distributor in my country. I haven't seen one yet in stores.

I am enjoying my visit here. It feels like I am touring Malaysia :)

Keep the posts coming!