Sunday, November 2, 2008

Johnnie Walker

One of the most well known whisky brand is Johnnie Walker. Originally known as Walker's Kilmarnock Whisky, the brand is a legacy left by John "Johnnie" Walker after he started to sell whisky in his grocer's shop in Ayrshire, Scotland. Johnnie Walker continues to be blended in Kilmarnock, with a large plant just north of the town's railway station

I had an old Johnnie Walker whisky at my home. It was purchased by my father many years ago from a duty free airport. From the box, one can tell this is an old whisky. Notice there is no Johnnie Walker logo on it.

Even the internal of the box is in pretty bad shape

Johnnie Walker offered a few blends in their line of products and the most common found in this region should be the Black Label. The one I had now is the Extra Special Black Label.

The whisky was distilled and bottled in Scotland under British Government supervision according to the sticker on the bottle. It has 43% alcohol content

I believe all the Black Label blends are aged at least 12 years before they were sold. My Johnnie Walker could easily aged 25 years old by now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow 25yo. johnnie walker is best use in baking fruit cakes. cakes last longer and the whisky smell just makes one fall in love with the fruit cake. :D

Zooropa said...

I'm not a liquor's fan but I think get it for collection at home looks classy!

Dora:)

Kuching Remisier Blog said...

haha duno how it taste erm...

Anonymous said...

When you going to share the whisky? Remember to ask me along, haha!

escape said...

sounds like a big party is coming!

Nanaybelen said...

I used to buy Johnnie Walker during month of December at duty free and sell them in higher price.

Ivana said...

I do not know so much about whisky but if i'm not mistaken, the older the whisky, the more delicious it is. Am I right?

Borneo Falcon said...

You are right, the older the better.

I just learned something today. Johnnie Walker can be used to make fruit cake.

This Johnnie Walker will stay unopened for another very long time as I have no intention to drink it

Johnny Ong said...

intend to keep for how long?