Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sentosa Cable Car View

Taking a cable car to Sentosa Island is fun and rewarding. However, some people might be afraid of the height and the moving cable car.

The cable car will first head for Mount Faber (from the Harbour Front Centre) where one can alight there and enjoy the view from Mount Faber station

The cable car ride to Sentosa island offers a bird's eye view of the city and the busiest container port in the world

Vivo City also can be viewed clearly from the cable car.

Also seen was a Star Cruise ship. I was able to spot the ship's IMO number which gives an indication this ship was built in 1990. Hence, almost 18 years of age.

Finally, Sentosa Island was just straight ahead.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup, taking cable car to sentosa island can be a nice experience. however, the ride is a little bit too short compared to genting. you should try the singapore flyer next!

Anonymous said...

Howdy, I've been busy lately. Riding a cable car is fun too especially the nice view, but we decided to take the cute Sentosa Express (monorail) when we visited Sentosa. :)

In the meantime, you might want to check out my new post about the Grand Market in Taipei.

the spool artist said...

we enjoyed our first cable car ride at sentosa, but was scared shirtless on the way back when we encountered a thunderstorm during the ride!

pusangkalye said...

I missed this one---after the flyer, dididn't have the appetite. but to be honest, never tried riding a cable car. not once.....

ßrigida ∫chmidt © Copyright said...

Hi Borneo... I couldn't remember if I left my comment here or on your chatbox instead. But anyway, I envy you for going to Sentosa for I haven't been there myself.

I heard it's a very beautiful islet, with entertainment and loads of fireworks at night during special occassions, or is it every night?

Hope to go there next!

Kuching Remisier Blog said...

always heard ppl say go to sentosa.. now know a bit look of it.. good post

Chubskulit Rose said...

If i will be visiting there, i will definitely ride in the cable car, you can see everything...

Anonymous said...

Cable car is the awesome way to see the whole place.. Its fun to ride in it..

Kikey Loo said...

went to Sentosa once... wanna go for next!

I AM A BLOGGER said...

those are great views! i wanna go sentosa too.

Advertiser said...

Wow you took cable car! I did that when I was only a few years old. Do you know more than a decade ago, there was an accident about a vessel that snapped the cable of the cable car (hope not confusing =P)and some cable cars fell into the sea. I think there were deaths.

Anyway, that is history already. Hope you enjoyed the ride!