Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Peking Restaurant @ Jakar

As highlighted earlier, the only crowd puller to Jakar is the famous prawn noodle at Peking Restaurant.

I had predicted the restaurant to be packed during the recent Labour Day holiday and hence I departed from my home earlier. I arrived around 9am and it was already fully packed with more people standing outside waiting for empty seats.

It's quite obvious the restaurant is short handed. The owner of this restaurant is assisted by her daughters and an Iban worker. The Iban worker is funny and friendly but the same can't be said about the owner and her daughters.

This is the owner's dog. He was still a cute puppy when I was here in December 2007 and he had grown up. He somehow seems unperturbed by the noisy surrounding and enjoying his nap.

Kampua noodle (RM 2.50), a Foochow delicacy which can also be found in Sibu. Nothing special about this noodle here.

The flagship dish of this restaurant, the prawn noodle (RM 12). One can opt to order a bigger prawn (and of course, it will cost more). We waited almost 30 minutes for this. I notice they prepare this noodle individually rather than mass production

They are generous with the prawn serving

Peking restaurant also serve other dishes such as fried noodle, char kway tiao and etc. The food served here are not necessary cheap and comparable to those in Sibu

12 comments:

Ben said...

RM 12 for noodle prawn is indeed not cheap but I'm tempted with the generous prawns and they look big ... now you make me sleepless with an hungry stomach cos you just left the prawn shells to us :P

Superman said...

I was there on last Raya holidays. The prawn noodle is nice. the dog is still the same old dog.

My Children N Me said...

Ow..Ow.. I miss this kind of restaurant..

Asian Traveler said...

Great, they've been in the business for a long time. This must be a really famous and good restaurant with the local residents.

Josephine said...

RM12 prawn noodle is for one serving ar?

pusangkalye said...

OMG---shrimps again---give me shrimps Falcon---I love them---that soup must be delicious~~~~

Ciela said...

I love noodles! This prawn noodle looks something so special. Yummy!

Borneo Falcon said...

RM12 prawn noodle is indeed for one serving only.

JL said...

Interesting Peking Restaurant. There is also Peking Restaurant in JB area but they serve the Chinese high-class clients only, their price ranging at RM 100-300. I guess both are not the same. :o

Anonymous said...

bro..i actually loved prawn noodles. Rm12 seems a bit on the high side... and it's around Spore price. They also sell big prawn noodles at S$5. man.... i feel like having one now.

foongpc said...

Wow! I think I like the prawn noodle. And so many prawns too! Yummy!

escape said...

never tried noodle prawn. sounds like a delicacy that i should try there.

the dogs seems to like the place so much.