Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Guan Yin Temple @ Sibu

I spotted a beautiful temple behind the Sacred Heart Cathedral and decided to check it up. I never realize there is a temple there.

The barricades beside the temple are beautifully crafted and the colours used blend really well to it.

2 Lion statues seem to guard the entrance to the temple.

The Ying and Yang symbol at the main stairway

I am impressed with the work of arts and decorations around the temple.

The interior of the temple is rather small.

A place to put the incense stick in front of the temple

This temple is named Guan Yin temple and is obviously a dedication for the Goddess of Mercy

11 comments:

JL said...

Wow it's so beautifully decorated!

amycheah said...

hmm...it is a nice temple. But seems not many ppl around huh. Cos as the Guan Yin temple here in Pg, is everyday full of ppl praying.

Superman said...

I didn't know the place of this temple leh...too outdated.

Borneo Falcon said...

This temple is new. I also spot it by accident when I check out the cathedral. There are still construction materials outside the compound. Hence, I deduce it was recently completed. Even the paint look fresh on it,

Asian Traveler said...

I like the warm blend of colors of the temple.

Nelson said...

go check out the largest temple in borneo at the 9kms from the sibu-bintulu highway roundabout. scheduled to open in october 09. oKtoberfest!

Unknown said...

A nice temple. The Goddess of Mercy is a popular deity.

Bengbeng said...

i dont know this place too. will check it out soon. looks great as a tourist destination to attract tourists to Sibu n of coz as a place of worship

Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

Such a beautiful temple, so very different from what we have over here in Sweden! I'm always so amazed over everything abroad.

foongpc said...

What a nice temple! I like the yin yang symbol at the main stairway and that nice looking pot to put the incense sticks!

Jasper said...

nice temple in Sibu!