Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jakar Again

I went to Jakar again on Labour day, taking advantage of the public holiday for a day trip. My last visit here was in January this year which I posted earlier some time ago here.

Nothing change since the last time I came here. Jakar is just a very small town some 65km from Sibu. Nothing much of interest here except for the famous prawn noodle at Peking Restaurant.

The symbol of the town, the pepper tree still stood elegantly. This time around I try to keep my eyes open and notice a few pepper plantation farms a few kilometers away from this town.

The town is situated next to the Jakar River. As with most rivers flowing at the central region of Sarawak, the water of the river appears to be brownish and murky. I believe the river was once clean and clear

6 comments:

Superman said...

The prawn noodles is hot and spicy but really served with big prawn. Nice.

Anonymous said...

oh man.... i didn't about these places till i read in your blog.

Josephine said...

i like the pepper tree...

Bengbeng said...

i tried the noodles. it is great esp the prawns.

shawnn loo said...

THe tree so special....

JL said...

Interesting. Thanks for mentioning about this town.