Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stretching your Dollars and Sense

Last year I wrote about 50 ways to cope with the higher living cost in this very blog. Living cost has definitely rise exponentially since the last decade or so. Hence, most of us need useful guidance on how to be prudent in our spending.

Last month, I came across a book by Lydia Teh with the title "Stretching your Dollar$ and $ense". It has more than 300 tips on money saving. The book is fun to read as the author add little touch of humour to make the reading more interesting.

Some of the tips she preached in her book had been highlighted in my post last year. However, some of my very own tips were not highlighted there and for the curious readers, you might want to check my previous post.

The book cost RM19.90 and some discount for those holding book store's membership card. Almost all the tips are practical enough to be followed and some of us might be dubbed as a skinflint should one follows her tips to the words.

I have to say I had seen Lydia Teh's other publications in the book store for some time now and this is the first time I read one of her books. She has given me a good impression and I am looking forward to read her other books.

7 comments:

My Passion said...

That book sounds very interesting to me. I love reading a book in that type, for sure we'll be learn new things that we may apply in our daily life.

CH Voon said...

nice book? you finish read oledi?

hehehe

wenn said...

thx for the info..

foongpc said...

Aha! So you finally went to buy the book! You like her style of writing? Then you must absolutely get her other book, which I regarded as her best effort - "Honk! If You're Malaysian". It was entertaining from the first page all the way to the last!

Kelvin said...

I will borrow the book from others to save more^^

Lydia Teh said...

Hi Borneo Falcon, thanks for plugging my book. Appreciate it. I see that foongpc has something to do with it, huh. Thanks foong, you'll make a good publicist :) Kelvin, borrowing books is indeed one of the ways to save money, but you can buy books as gifts to others because you can claim from income tax!

Borneo Falcon said...

foongpc: I really like her writing style. Very unique.

Lydia: Thanks for the drop and comment. Will read your other books soon