Monday, June 28, 2010

Kuantan Town

After settling down in my hostel, I start to explore Kuantan town, the first town in the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia I ever set my foot on.

The town is very small and can be easily explored on foot. It seems everything is built inside the town without any sign of development been spread outside of this town.

This is the Darul Makmur Stadium which is the official home ground for the Pahang State soccer team.

The town also boast quite a number of shopping malls for its size. The East Coast Mall is the most happening place now in this town.

The Pahang State and Federal Government Office are just side by side. I been told there was a plan to move all the government offices to Bandar Indera Mahkota, some 2km away from the town centre.

The pace here is slow and I kind of like the lifestyle here compare to the hectic bigger city like KL.

The Sri Sithi Vinayagar Temple at Bukit Ubi Road

This is the only colonial structure I can find in the town. It is now the office for the district council and the land department.

A public soccer field at the centre of the town. A total of 3 football fields here and the locals can be seen playing here every evening.

The oldest shop houses in the town, some as old as 80 years old can be found along Besar Road, not far away from the Kuantan River.

12 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

the roads look so desserted.. weekend? i been to kuantan one time only..

Travel vacation said...

a good place that can increase the inspiration for all of us ..

Insurance Quotes said...

thank you for this excellent info, I would like to visit there.

Technology and Informations said...

beautiful, beautiful, interesting ... that's no good at these places .. I like that.

Healthy Live said...

I like it, and I'm sure everyone would like to place this good, I was eager to visit it for the sake of my family happy.

Finance Business Corner said...

Thank you for everything you have shown to us, you will definitely experience I use to soon come and visit this nice place.

Finance Business Corner said...

very good, the quality of the natural beauty of incredible ..

bobby said...

really beautiful and very fitting for my soon to visit.

foongpc said...

Nothing much in Kuantan town right? I've been there once or twice before.

escape said...

i like the hindu temple the most. the one i saw in singapore was really nice like this one. im actually intrigued with their culture.

ChrisAu said...

Thanks for sharing..I really hope to visit Kuantan someday.

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Where the people go?