Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Agriculture Heritage Park: Rubber Demonstration

Within the fruit orchard at The Agricultural Heritage Park is a rubber demonstration section which give visitors some idea how the rubber was processed using the traditional methods and tools.

The old smooth roller and groove roller machine can be found here. Those machines were used to flatten the rubber sheet to 1mm and imprint the ribbed pattern on it.

The rubber sheet is then hang to dry. Its transformation from Day 1 was well illustrated here.

The final process is to dry the rubber sheet in the "Smoke House" for 100 hours to achieve complete drying. As one can see clearly from this photo, the smoke house is actually still operational

10 comments:

Gallivanter said...

I didn't know that Putrajaya had such a place! Interesting.

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Cool.

Travel vacation said...

a good place that can increase the inspiration for all of us ..

Travel vacation said...

a good place that can increase the inspiration for all of us ..

Insurance Quotes said...

thank you for this excellent info, I would like to visit there.

Technology and Informations said...

beautiful, beautiful, interesting ... that's no good at these places .. I like that.

Healthy Live said...

I like it, and I'm sure everyone would like to place this good, I was eager to visit it for the sake of my family happy.

Finance Business Corner said...

Thank you for everything you have shown to us, you will definitely experience I use to soon come and visit this nice place.

Technology said...

very good, the quality of the natural beauty of incredible ..

bobby said...

really beautiful and very fitting for my soon to visit.