Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Shamrock Irish Bar, Kota Kinabalu

There is an Irish bar at Kota Kinabalu Waterfront which I had been noticing for some time now. Recently, the opportunity present itself and I had my dinner here.

 
Diner at the Shamrock Irish Bar has a choice of either to dine indoor or outdoor. The indoor has a pub ambience complete with pool table while the sea breeze will greet those who opt to sit outdoor.

There is a few Irish food on the menu but I opted for Steak Sandwich (RM 21++) which is pretty good. The cheese topping on the steak really made the difference and the food is not a disappointment.

Black Velvet (RM 19++) is a mixture of Strongbow and Guinness. It is a interesting combination as Strongbow appears to be more denser and settle at the bottom of the mixture most of the time. Strongbow offers some sweetness to the drink and complement well with caramel taste of the Guinness.

Since I am in an Irish bar, it won't be complete until I drank an Irish ale, Kilkenny (RM 20++). This is definitely a nice place to unwind after a hard day at work in Kota Kinabalu.

No comments: