Friday, January 10, 2014

Pho Hoa Noodle Soup

Pho is a popular street food in Vietnam which I had set my eyes on for a couple of years now. Since I am unable to go to that beautiful country after planning for a few years, I had to content with whatever I can find here.

 
Finally, I came upon a decent Vietnamese restaurant, Pho Hoa Noodle Soup which serves a variety of pho at The Curve, Mutiara Damansara.

I like the painting on the wall which depicts the life at Vietnam as well as some recognizable landmarks.

After ordering a pho, it will come with a plate of garnishes which has generous amount of bean sprouts, chili, Thai basil. It is to my understanding there are two main variants of pho in Vietnam; northern and the southern pho where the garnishes for the southern version consist of bean sprouts and fresh herbs. Hence, I deduced that this outlet serves more or less "Saigon Style" pho.

Regular beef brisket pho (RM 17.50) arrives in just a few minutes. It is a shame that such humble food cost so much here.

There is no right or wrong way to eat a pho. Basically I just tossed all the garnishes into the piping hot noodle soup so that the soup will somewhat "cooked" the bean sprouts and absorb the flavours of the herbs. The broth is flavourful, slightly sweet and thinly sliced beef just complement the whole meal.

Drip coffee with milk (RM 7.50) is prepared like how it is supposed to be in its country of origin. The coarsely ground Vietnamese grown dark roast coffee is brewed with a small metal french drip filter into a cup containing sweetened condensed milk.

Give it a stir and the taste is heavenly. This is definitely way better than those commercial coffee in the market.

Pho Hoa Noodle Soup
G34, The Curve,
Mutiara Damansara

2 comments:

TZ said...

my favorite noodles shop... :)

foongpc said...

I love the beef noodles at Pho Hoa but it's a little too expensive.