I had a Himalayan Salt Crystal Lamp for about 5-6 years now. Back then I thought it will make my room more lively.
Salt crystal lamp is made from salt crystal rock formed in the inland seabed hundred millions years ago and mined from the foothill of Himalayas
The Himalayas are the world's most serene and tranquil region. Therefore produce the purest salt crystals. The salt crystal lamp will emit negative ions when heated by the light bulb inside the lamp.
The package will come with a salt crystal lamp, a bulb and a bulb holder. The bulb should be ideally around 15W
There is a hollow at the base of the lamp. Basically just plug the holder with the light bulb into it. The lamp should not be placed in a damp area and the light should be on as long as possible. Leaving the light out for a few hours on a cold day will cause it to "sweat".
Some of the benefits the manufacturer of the lamp claims are:
- Neutralise and improve air quality
- Reduce severity of asthma attacks
- Increase alertness
- Helpful in overcoming stress and increase alertness
- Reduce susceptibility to colds and flus
- Produces a very relaxing effect
- Reduces the number of airborne bacteria indoor
- Neutralise unhealthy emissions from electrical equipment