Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sentosa Regency Hotel Alor Setar


In my recent visit to Alor Setar, I stayed in Sentosa Regency Hotel. It is strategically located at Jalan Putra, just opposite the Shell petrol station.

 
The hotel building is only consists of 6 storey and it is not a very big hotel by any standard.  However, it is regarded as one of the biggest hotel in town.

The lobby is spacious and I notice most of the staffs here are very young. The coffee house is located just next to the check in counter. Everyone who is staying in the hotel is given a complimentary breakfast here. The breakfast is satisfactory although slightly below the standard of an average 3 star hotel.

Strange thing is that I have to pay the room rate in full when checking in. This is not normally practiced in any hotels I been to as full payment is usually expected only when checking out.

All the rooms here are surprisingly spacious, even for a standard room (RM 118). The bathroom is equally spacious and I can't recall any bathroom which has its size for the rate I'm paying here.

The split unit air conditioner is not functioning properly and I can still hear the noisy vehicles speeding along the road at night. The furniture and carpet is pretty old and seriously need an upgrading.

 
My room view which face the busy Jalan Putra. There are a few hawker stalls and mamak restaurant within the vicinity of the area. I reckon it will be a good base to explore the town itself from here.

Sentosa Regency Hotel
250, Jalan Putra,
05100 Alor Setar
Kedah Darul Aman
Tel: 04-730 3999
Fax: 04-730 8999

No comments: