Friday, May 14, 2021

Farewell Mutiara Hotel Johor Bahru

I was quite dishearten when I heard the hotel will be closing permanently on 1 June 2021. This is another long list of hotels in JB which has been affected by the ongoing pandemic and cause it to shuts its door. I decided to pay homage to my favorite hotel in JB by commemorate some of my experience staying here.

The hotel first opened in 1982, initially called Holiday Inn and then Crown Plaza in 1982 before change to its current name in 2000.

Even though the hotel is almost 40 years old, it is still well maintained. The lobby also  has a few shops selling watches, jewellery and clothes. 

It is a good base to explore Holiday Plaza and KSL City Mall as both are within walking distance from the hotel. 

In order to attract people during the long year pandemic, the room rate has been reduced to RM128. The room is very spacious and comfortable. Even with the reduced rate, the service and the quality of the room are not compromised, unlike certain hotels which I had stayed during this period.



Lucky for me, I always have the city view while staying here. Those who stay on the other side of the hotel will have a railroad view. My last stay here was 6 March 2021.

It is sad to see such a wonderful hotel and its people will have to go. It will remain open to the public until 23 May 2021. Just wish I am allowed for another interstate travel during the current Movement Control Order 3.0 so I can have a last stay here.

No comments: