The lighthouse was constructed in 1907 by the British during its ear of colonization of the Malay Peninsula. It is 83 feet in height from the seabed and 27 feet from its base. This is easily the most dominating structure on the hill and Kuala Selangor.
Initially, the lighthouse used the power from a generator but currently it uses current from the grid's main supply. Unfortunately, visitor is not allowed in.
The light beam produced from this lighthouse can extend up to 56km in distance. It rotates and flashes twice with the duration of 15 seconds. This lighthouse has greatly assisted both merchant and fishing ships that sail to this port during the night.