Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chi Ka Yin Restaurant


Chi Ka Yin Restuarant prides itself in serving traditional Hakka dishes and I had been reading a numbers of positive reviews about it. Hence, I decided to give this restaurant a little visit to verify all those claims.

Apparently, this restaurant also featured in 8TV's Ho Chak programme as well as in the local newspaper.

There is nothing much inside the restaurant in term of decoration. Customer has the option to dine outside or inside the air conditioned area.

We can also see the kitchen and observe how the food are prepared. I had put a few orders of their signature dishes and I did not have to wait long.

The braised duck (RM 12, small) came highly recommended by the staff. The meat ain't tough and the sauce is slightly sweet. Slightly above average.

Spring Roll (RM 12, small) received a lot of accolade but somehow it tastes pretty average to me. Served with chili sauce.

I heard so much about its Bitter Gourd Salted Vegetable Soup (RM 6.50, small) and I just have to try it to be sure. It doesn't taste bitter at all. Somehow I couldn't find any bitter gourd in it. This looks and tastes more like a salted vegetable soup to me.

Overall, the food here are just average to me. It is just not good enough to attract me back here again.

Chi Ka Yin Restaurant
9-G, Jalan Puteri 2/6
Bandar Puteri Puchong

2 comments:

wenn said...

I would love the spring rolls..

escape said...

on some countries, the best food are still best eaten on small food shops. authenticity at its best.