Wednesday, March 11, 2009

First Payment from Google Adsense

I been blogging about a year now and I finally received my first payment from Google Adsense last month.

I received this envelope last year, about 3-4 months after I started this blog. Google will e-mail the blog author about the delivery of this envelope. If one had not received it after 2 months, do ask for another replacement. The first envelope did not reach me and I had to ask for a replacement and it reached me slightly over a month.

It basically contains a PIN number inside it. If the pin number had not been entered about 3 months since its delivery, the Google ads in the blog will be charity ads until the pin number is entered.

Next step to get paid is for the amount to reach at least USD100. I reached that amount by the end of January and payment been made by 24th February 2009. I had opt for Western Union Quick Cash as the payment method rather than the conventional cheque.

The money can be claimed at any Western Union agents which display the signboard at their premises. In Malaysia, a few banks act as Western Union agent such as Agro Bank, RHB Bank, Public Bank, Bank Rakyat and CIMB Bank.

I went to CIMB Bank (Western Union Counter) and take my number while waiting for my turn.

While waiting, grab the Western Union form from a designated area and fill it up accordingly. Just make sure one fill the correct form as there are 2 types of forms, one for receiving money and the other one for sending money. For CIMB Bank, the one with yellow header is the one for receiving money

Some important information not to be missed when filling the form is the following:
MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number): This will be shown in the Google Adsense account
Payment Amount: The value must be exactly as shown in the Google Adsense account
Sender: Google Inc
Sender's Address: 1600 Amphitheathre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

The cashier might ask when is the payment date and this is also shown in the Google Adsense account

This was the money I received. USD115.79 which converted to Malaysian currency at RM421.10. I have to say the bank gave a lower exchange rate (USD1 to RM3.63) but this is business. I had waited for the best exchange rate (USD1 to RM3.72) to claim my money. Take note that once payment was made by Google to Western Union, one will have 60 days to claim the money from the Western Union agent.

Lastly, many thanks to every reader who had been reading and following my blog all this while. I hope you able to enjoy it as much as I do and find it useful.

23 comments:

foongpc said...

Congrats on your first payment from Google Adsense! Me cannot put Adsense on my blog - they rejected me! : (

cheyap said...

wa o.0
congrats congrats congrats~~~~~~

Josephine said...

Congrats!

Google adsense pays a lot wor...
Based on hit or based on clicks?

Borneo Falcon said...

Google Adsense pay will be based on the following:

1. Page impression (basically number of visit)
2. Click on the ads
3. The use of its search engine

Method 2 & 3 will enable one to earn more and faster though.

the donG said...

wow! congratulations! i didnt receive any payment yet from google ads. i just started google ads this january.

shawnn loo said...

nice...

U did and u get what u should be paid

informaxona said...

congrats... =) hmm.. sadly, my adsense account was disabled due to invalid activities... someone had attacked my ads... clicking on it for many times...

chrisau said...

congrats! Too bad wordpress.com dun allow adverts, else I will join too!

Robo said...

Congrats! :)

Hasegawa said...

Gratz. I have blog like a year now and I didn't see any progress from my blog. However, nice job you did.

j|g said...

wowwww congrats! maybe i shud put adsense ads too. i stopped mine cos i don't know how am i goin to cash my money that was 2 yrs ago. thanks for the info. cheers!

amycheah said...

hey jz say thank you to us is not enuf, must belanja us makan lah! hehehe

Oh ya, I want to ask u, how much the Western Union charges for the transfer fees or processing fees?

WanWan said...

wow... great... Mine still zero.. hahaha..

Borneo Falcon said...

Western Union do not charge anything but I think the bank earn some commission from it. That is why the bad exchange rate

Ketam said...

finally you got yours! I found western union more convenience.

maro^gal said...

congrats falcon...!!!

thx for this useful information too.. i will need them one day.... waiting for my adsense to accumulate. =]

TNH said...

Congrate..my google still got long way to go...maybe another half year or a year..haha

JL said...

That's good, hope you get more of such payments in the future. :o)

LEon said...

Congratz! I wonder when will be my turn. LOL

KittyCat said...

Wow...so nice! I was hoping to cash in my Western Union too but the cashier said the MTCN no is invalid :P

Posted a query on Adsense blog but no response yet. Any ideas what I can do? My money's stuck!!!

Thanks...

SCORPIO said...

I heard about your blog through Google Search Engine and it is very nice to see this. I am also having some of blogs like this and I have a nice website for Indian Free Classifieds



Indian Free Classifieds


Shipping Directory


Part Time Jobs

Nur affinah Mohd affaidi said...

I have gone through your site information and it is the same opportunity that I was looking for. The facilities, the process that what you are offering are perfectly matched to my Expectation & very soon you will get Response from my side.


Work From Home

Shubhangi said...

Earning money online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every month. So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income. All the best.

Lifesigns Life Quotes